Thursday, June 11 2015 @ 03:34 AM UTC
Contributed by: B' Spokes
Take a Complete Streets approach.
* Identify and address barriers to make streets safe and convenient for all road users, including people of all ages and abilities and those using assistive mobility devices.
* Gather and track biking and walking data.
* Use designs that are appropriate to the context of the street and its uses.
* Take advantage of opportunities to create and complete pedestrian and bicycle networks through maintenance.
* Improve walking and biking safety laws and regulations.
* Educate and enforce proper road use behavior by all.
from CenterLines, the e-newsletter of the National Center for Bicycling & Walking.