13 posts :: Page 2 of 2
By: Likes:

one more thing... in response to the Harford Rd. Bridge... If you are coming off of 33rd Street. Continue into Lake Montebello and make a right onto Curran Drive. Continue around the lake and make a right onto Lake Ave. Cross Harford Rd. Take Lake Ave. down to Norman. Turn left onto Norman. Turn left onto Chesterfield. At the corner of Chesterfield Ave and Harford Rd, turn right into the park and get on the trail. It will take you parallel to Harford Rd. Turn left underneath of Harford Rd and then follow the road up the hill to the corner of Harford Rd and Argonne. You'll end up back on Harford but you avoid the sketchy bridge and Walther Ave intersection.

Well I'm going to bite the bullet and keep riding on 33rd. In my opinion the biggest dangers are, the right lane that appears and disappears, and cars speeding. The other day I saw a Prius(with a "choose civility" bumper sticker) driver become impatient with waiting 20 seconds for the redlight to change, and proceed to squeeze past stopped traffic in the "bike lane,"

This is a critisism I have with most city streets. Their horrible design encourages a sort of free for all. Every street has at least one spot where a lane disappears, or becomes a turn lane, then suddenly another lane on the opposite side of the road will appear. This creates horrible bottlesnecks. Look at MLK, there is a bottleneck every couple of blocks, a totally avoidable situation.

When it comes to these major vehicle commuting routes, like Charles ST., MLK, 33rd, it seems like there is zero thought put into keeping the traffic flowing at a safe consistant speed. Thats why on all of these streets the average motorist tries to reach the highest possible speed before they have to slam on the brakes at the next red light. Every man and woman for his/herself.

I didn't mean to pick on 33rd, I still ride on it alot, It's not that bad, especially on the weekends(non-commute times.)

Hey Palermo Bicycles, do you recognise the bike in my profile photo?

I do recognize the bike. hope it's working out. I thought the name looked familiar too.

13 posts :: Page 2 of 2