June 30 - Bike Commuter Workshop and Party!
This event is hosted by Bike Maryland in partnership with the Waterfront Partnership. Bike Maryland will cover the basics of commuting by bike and bike safety. Time - 5:30-7:50pm in Harbor East - exact location to be posted soon here. Please rsvp to Beth Laverick via email here. Light refreshments will be served. Anyone who bikes to work or is thinking about biking to work will get a lot out of this talk. We will have advice on getting started, equipment, choosing routes, staying safe on the road, bicycling in various types of weather and more. Tell your friends! All attendees will be entered to win a TREK 700 hybrid bike!
If you are unable to attend, but are interested in scheduling a bike commuter workshop at your workplace, email us here. Scheduling is flexible and can be tailored to your organization’s specific needs.
Bike Maryland Membership - You WILL improve Maryland's bike-ability by becoming a member of Bike Maryland. Please Join Now Here.
We represent over 19,000 Maryland bicyclists. Bike Maryland depends on bicyclists like you to continue our work making bicycling a healthy and more sustainable means of transportation and, of course, an all out fun recreational activity. Bike Maryland is the nonprofit organization that has been instrumental in improving bicycling conditions and protecting the rights of bicyclists and organizations across Maryland. We are the only organization actively promoting pro-bike legislation on the state level in Maryland. We improve conditions on the county and city level too.
Thanks to the support of our members, what we've accomplished and continue to do is truly remarkable:
- Passage of six state pro-bike bills in the last two years
- Passage of the three foot rule
- Passage of the manslaughter bill - now there are higher penalties and potential jail time for drivers who cause fatalities
- Working with multiple communities, businesses and universities to promote a Bike Friendly Maryland
- Bus racks on MTA buses
- Host of the Annual State Bike Symposium
- Co-host dozens of free or inexpensive educational workshops with incredible guest speakers
- Bike Awareness Campaign to reduce youth crash and fatality rates
- Free Bike Commuter Programs for businesses, universities and communities
- Your advocates toward increased motorist education and awareness
- Promoting open streets for bicyclists and fun, sustainable trails
- Achievement of a League Bike Friendly Ranking of #10 in the U.S.
- Host Tour du Port
- We are the Voice of Maryland's Bicyclists and much more!
Your support goes directly toward pro-bike legislation, pro-bike improvements, increased education and enforcement and much more. Bike Maryland is currently staffed by only one full time person. More support is needed. Your support will help us increase the capacity necessary to continue to make Maryland a great place to live and bike!