From June 13-15, members of the ECGA's Board of Trustees, Trail Council, Advisory Board and several other friends and associates of the Greenway will cycle from Baltimore to Washington, DC. The riders aim to promote use of the Greenway and bring attention to the gap areas in this corridor.
The main goals of the ride are to:
* Raise awareness of the ECG and the gaps that need to be closed between Baltimore and Washington, DC
* Show that the ECG is a wonderful, safe, accessible trail for vacations or daily use
* Show how simple it is to take a self-supported tour of the ECG
* Celebrate the route, the history and culture of the region, and links to important sites and trails
The riders are scheduled to attend several events along the way. Feel free to attend any or all!
* Baltimore Inner Harbor: Wednesday, June 13, 9:00 AM. The riders gather with state and county officials to kick off the tour.
* Jonas Green Park, Annapolis: Wednesday, June 13, 7:00. The riders meet for dinner with Friends of Anne Arundel County Trails at the intersection of the ECG and the American Discovery Trail.
* Annapolis City Hall: Thursday, June 14, 9:30 AM. Mayor Ellen Moyer speaks, followed by a guided bike tour of Annapolis city trails.
* REI, College Park: Thursday, June 14, 7:00-8:30 PM. The riders will give a presentation on the ECG and discuss strategies for closing local gaps. Refreshments will be provided.
* Union Station, west end: Friday, June 15, 1:00-2:00. Closing press conference; unveiling of ECG mid-point marker; District Department of Transportation unveils Bike Station and Met Branch Trail Plans.