Sunday, January 12 2014 @ 11:29 AM UTC
Contributed by: B' Spokes
• Car use has negative effects on urban communities by affecting social perceptions.
• More car use through a relatively poor area is associated with less positive views of that area.
• More walking through a relatively poor area is related to more positive views of the area.
• Attitudes towards young people are more negative when they are seen from a car.
• Attitudes towards young people are most positive when seen from a pedestrian perspective.