Sunday, May 04 2008 @ 06:32 PM EDT
Contributed by: B' Spokes
- Senator Ben Cardin has been instrumental in helping to get funding for cycling in the city
- Mayor Sheila Dixon has been extremely supportive of cycling in the city and has been hiring some amazing talent
- And it seems to becoming more common to find some City employees (that have some direct or indirect influence on Baltimore's bike friendliness) biking to work, around where they live or out on the Mayor's weekly rides.
- Senator Ben Cardin mentioned that Baltimore Bicycling Club's Bob Moore as instrumental in getting him turned on to cycling. [Thanks Bob!!!]
- Mayor Sheila Dixon mentioned the hard work and dedication of Beth Strommen (Planing) and Gennady Schwartz (Capital Development for Rec & Parks) that was critical in making this trail possible.
- Jones Falls Trail Manager Anne Draddy when she is not leading a Bike and Brunch ride or a Wednesday ride has been coauthoring Druid Hill Park: The Heart of Historic Baltimore Baltimore Sun Coverage 'It's like the country in the city'
- The Bike ride: Senator Ben Cardin, Mayor Sheila Dixon and anyone else in attendance that wanted to ride the new section of the Jones Falls Trail and the loop back on low traffic city streets (~5 mile ride) took off and had some fun.